Ag Eisteacht offers two options for relational training for teachers.
2 HOUR INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP
• The two hour workshop is designed to introduce participants to the knowledge base and skills required to adopt a relational approach in the school community. The workshop will include an overview of the four stage, evidence informed, brief intervention model called ABLE. The model is designed to enable teachers to recognise and use opportunities to engage with colleagues and parents especially at times of change, challenge and / or upheaval. Ag Eisteacht trainers are available to deliver this workshop in schools across Ireland & we are delighted to accept queries from principals & teachers re same.
Taking inquiries now RE 2017-2018 term. Contact Thérèse on 021 5005915/ 086 0423708 or via email [email protected]
SUMMER COURSE FOR TEACHERS
• Ag Eisteacht also offer a Department of Education and Skills approved summer course for teachers. These courses are now finished for 2017. Information on the ABLE4Teachers Summer Course can be found below.
The training aims to highlight ways to build positive relationships and to create a supportive school environment. It features a recognised, evidence based intervention model, ABLE, which enables those who use it to respond sensitively and appropriately to peers, parents and others who may ‘turn to’ them for support. The programme explores a range of relational topics including, family diversity in Ireland, and the impact of family relationships on children’s health and well-being and conflict- particularly its impact on adult, child and community well-being.
Who is the Training For?
Teachers who are interested in completing a DES approved Summer Courses during the summer months.
How will this training help me in my work as a teacher?
• Providing you with the knowledge and insights that will help you to empower your pupils to relate better both in the classroom and their wider circle
• Enhancing your ability to engage with colleagues, parents and pupils in a sensitive and appropriate manner by building relationship capability
• Raising awareness of factors that contribute to the creation of a safe and secure school environment where the concerns and contributions of parents, children and teachers are taken into account
• Highlighting the evidence base and impact of family relationships and conflict on children’s health and well-being
• Providing knowledge, insights and resources for managing conflict in the school community effectively and addressing its impact on children’s well-being
• Facilitating reflection and action on learnings from a school self-evaluation perspective
• Developing skills and tools for the advancement of SPHE, through a focus on the child’s relationship with Self, Others and the World
Benefits of Training
The training will:
• Equip you to actively foster well-being in the school community by using an evidenced based intervention model –ABLE. The model enables those who use it to respond sensitively and appropriately to peers, parents and others who may ‘turn to’ them for support
• Enhance your ability to engage with colleagues, parents and pupils in a sensitive and appropriate manner by building relational capability
• Impart knowledge and insights that will help you to empower your pupils to relate better both in the classroom and in their wider circles
• Provide the skills and tools required for the advancement of SPHE and giving opportunities to reflect on learnings from a school self-evaluation perspective
We are proud to say that in our post-course questionnaire: 100% of our 2016 course participants agreed with the statement that they would recommend the course to colleagues
Other comments included: "Most beneficial course I have done both personally and professionally. Thank you so much."
"An excellent course - personal and professional development. Could not recommend it enough."
"I thought the course was really well organised and informative. I felt at ease and everybody got the chance to speak, was listened to. I thought the group gelled well. I enjoyed the formal and informative chats. The course has made me much more aware as to how I can improve and gave me valuable skills."